Our most prized possession, earth, needs our help in more critical and time sensitive ways than ever before. This Holiday Season, give her the gift of life by donating time, giving money, teaching others, and becoming a conscientious consumer who wants to do what is right for our planet.
Our Waste Matters has over 150 followers its first year! Thank you for your support and interest in this very important issue. I will continue to work hard bringing waste awareness information and choices to your life. With your friends and families we can make an even larger difference this coming year in reducing the amount of waste we produce.
How You Can Help:
- Find local farmers who make their produce available to you through CSAs. http://www.localharvest.org/csa/
- Learn everything you need to know about gardens, composting, and growing your own food. http://www.fritzhaeg.com/garden/initiatives/edibleestates/resources.html
- Yearlong gift ideas for Mother Earth. http://www.alternet.org/story/113131/9_christmas_gifts_you_can_give_to_your_mother_…_earth
- The Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval is a great place to start conserving. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/
- Flex Your Power has quick You Tube videos for energy education. https://www.youtube.com/user/energyefficiency
- Find out if your energy contributes to mountaintop destruction. http://ilovemountains.org/my-connection
- This resource has great articles and ideas for calls to action. http://www.yesmagazine.org/people-power
- NASA images of earth from space are motivation to take care of our planet. http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov
- Learn more about clothing and textile repurposing. http://www.weardonaterecycle.org
- Reduce your consumption with Zero Waste Alliance guidance. http://zwia.org
- Water Conservation is critical to our survival. http://www.conservation.org/NewsRoom/pressreleases/Pages/Water-Rises-in-Anger-in-Thought-Provoking-Awareness-Campaign-from-Conservation-International.aspx
- Learn more about our food and how to consume it wisely. http://www.worldfooddayusa.org/food_waste_the_facts
- It all starts with our natural resources. Resource conservation needs so much more attention. http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/site/national/home/
Have a safe, healthy and happy holiday season filled with joy from family and friends. And I thank you again!